A twist on the traditional transit. The Axis Transit can take simultaneous measurements of strike & dip, dip & dip azimuth and trend & plunge, making data collection easier and faster than ever.
- dimensions: 3.9 x 2.8 x 1.2" | 10 x 7 x 3cm
- weight: 12.1 oz | 341.6 g
- azimuth: +/- 1/2˚ w/ 1˚ graduations
- hinge clinometer: +/- 1˚ w/ 2˚ graduations
- plumb clinometer: +/- 1/2˚ w/ 1˚ graduations
- lid protractor: +/- 1/2˚ w/ 1˚ graduations
- declination adjustment: +/- 180˚
- Built with a dual axis and a hollow hinge which allows for easy and intuitive angle measurements for any line or plane.
- This unique orientation of the azimuth ring allows simultaneous measurement of strike and dip or dip and dip azimuth.
- A secondary axis of rotation allows simultaneous measurement of trend and plunge.
- Hollow hinge allows for horizontal and vertical sighting.
- The precision NdFeB Disk Magnet provides very accurate readings and resists demagnetization over time.
- Induction dampening makes for a quick-settling needle.
- The sapphire jewel bearing allows for smooth needle movement throughout the life of the instrument.
- The needle can be set to lock automatically, allowing for accurate readings when the user cannot see the face of the instrument (above the head, on overhanging units, etc.).
- The internal components are sealed with an O-ring for improved water and dust resistance. Note that no Brunton Transits are designed for use underwater, but are protected from rain and humidity.
- Dual long-level bubbles allow the user to level the compass when the user cannot see the face of the instrument (above the head, on overhanging units, etc.).
- Designed with durability in mind, the hard-anodized finish resists scratches and dents to keep your transit looking brand new.
- All transits come with a protective leather case, perfect for carrying your Brunton in the field.
- Made in the USA in Riverton, WY.
Video Series on the Axis Transit Available!
DETAILSA twist on the traditional transit. The Axis Transit can take simultaneous measurements of strike & dip, dip & dip azimuth and trend & plunge, making data collection easier and faster than ever.
Designed by geologists for geologists, this unique instrument allows measurements and data to be collected much more efficiently than with traditional transits. The patented design of this transit makes difficult field measurements extremely easy and it allows for multiple measurements to be gathered at once. The needle can be set to lock automatically ensuring accurate readings when the face of the instrument is not visible.
We know that your transit is a life-long investment, that is why the internal components are sealed in place with an o-ring and the hard-anodized finish resists bumps, bangs and scratches.
Brunton compasses are proudly made in the USA. All transits and the bulk of compasses are designed, developed, and hand-built in our factory in Riverton, WY and are sold across the world via our global headquarters in Louisville CO.
As true specialists in high quality tools, our aim is to inspire, educate, and support professional pursuits and outdoor exploration.