A universal mapping tool. The Geo Transit features a mirrored lid that allows for measuring dip angle and dip azimuth at the same time. Great for international data collection!
- dimensions: 3.8" x 2.8" x 1.3" | 9.6 x 7.1 x 3.3cm
- weight: 12.8oz | 363g
- azimuth: +/- 1/2˚ w/ 1˚ graduations
- hinge clinometer: +/-1/2˚ w/ 2˚ graduations
- internal clinometer: +/-1/2˚ w/ 1˚ graduations
- percent grade: 5% graduations
- declination adjustment: +/-180˚
- The precision NdFeB Disk Magnet provides very accurate readings and resists demagnetization over time.
- Induction dampening makes for a quick-settling needle.
- The flat bottom allows for easier dip angle and dip azimuth measurements at low angles.
- The sapphire jewel bearing allows for smooth needle movement throughout the life of the instrument.
- The needle can be set to lock automatically, allowing for accurate readings when the user cannot see the face of the instrument (above the head, on overhanging units, etc.).
- The internal components are sealed with an O-ring for improved water and dust resistance. Note that no Brunton Transits are designed for use underwater, but are protected from rain and humidity.
- Use as a standalone unit or paired with a Jacob’s Staff, the mirror has a transparent sight for shooting accurate bearings .
- Short and long sights give the user additional functionality and accuracy when shooting bearings.
- Dual long-level bubbles allow the user to level the compass when the user cannot see the face of the instrument (above the head, on overhanging units, etc.).
- Designed with durability in mind, the hard-anodized finish resists scratches and dents to keep your transit looking brand new.
- All transits come with a protective leather case, perfect for carrying your Brunton in the field.
- Made in the USA in Riverton, WY.
DETAILSA universal mapping tool. The Geo Transit can take measurements of dip angle and dip azimuth at the same time. Great for international data collection!
- A flat base allows for easier dip angle and dip azimuth measurements at low angles, while the needle can lock automatically ensuring accurate readings when the face of the instrument is not visible. Feel comfortable when shooting bearings with both short and long sights that give you additional functionality and accuracy.
- We know that your transit is a life-long investment, that is why the internal components are sealed in place with an o-ring and the hard-anodized finish resists bumps, bangs and scratches.
- Brunton compasses are proudly made in the USA. All transits and the bulk of compasses are designed, developed, and hand-built in our factory in Riverton, WY and are sold across the world via our global headquarters in Louisville CO.
- As true specialists in high quality tools, our aim is to inspire, educate, and support professional pursuits and outdoor exploration.