Utilizing a more traditional design, the Conventional Compass uses Alnico II magnets and a "V" cut sapphire jewel bearing for smooth movement. Conventional suspension offers premium performance when used with a balancing region. Because the body is die cast aluminum, the Conventional is both accurate and durable.
- Alnico II magnets for quick magnetic north needle alignment
- Vertical angle measurements to +/-90° or 100% grade
- A percent grade scale with increments of 5%
- Induction dampened needle for quick, accurate readings
- Sapphire jewel bearing allows for smooth needle movement
- Magnetic declination adjustment allows for east or west declination settings to +/-180°
- Short and long sights for increased accuracy when sighting azimuth or vertical angles
- Precision aligned mirror with convenient "see-through" sighting capability
- Cast aluminum body makes the Conventional Pocket Transit nearly indestructible
- Ball & socket tripod mount for increased accuracy
- Leather case included
- Overall dimensions: 3.1''x2.8''1.3''
- Weight: 6.8 oz.
- Made in the USA
Brunton is committed to making the most reliable and accurate navigation instruments on the planet. As durable precision instruments that undergo constant and often rigorous use in the field, in order to maintain their accuracy and integrity, they simply need to be fixed up from time to time; just as you would tune your car or bike. Brunton offers full repair and refurbishment facilities for most models. We appreciate your kind understanding.
*Transit in the image does not reflect the Quadrant option of the compass.