THIS ITEM IS PRE-SALE. THEY ARE IN THE FACTORY BEING COMPLETED NOW, STARTS SHIPPING 12/1/2020.
This traditional mirrored baseplate compass is ideal for students and field geologists in need of a lightweight compass with transit features and functionality.
- dimensions: 4” x 2.5” x 0.6” | 10.16 x 6.3 x 1.5cm
- weight: 3.2oz | 68g
- azimuth: +/- 1˚ w/ 2˚ graduations
- hinge clinometer: +/-2.5˚ w/ 5˚ graduations
- internal clinometer: +/-2.5˚ w/ 5˚ graduations
- declination adjustment: +/-180˚
- Transit-style direct read azimuth system
- Slender needle for a more accurate read
- Fixed plumb-style clinometer–unaffected by declination adjustment
- Hinge clinometer enables dip/dip azimuth measurements
- Integrated protractor for plotting data on a field map
- Bubble level for accurate strike measurement
- 2˚ Resolution for azimuthal readings (strike, dip azimuth, directional bearings)
- 5˚ resolution for clinometer readings
- Brunton EverNorth Magnet resists demagnetization over time
- Map Magnifier
- Sighting Mirror for accurate bearings
- Tool-free declination adjustment
- Romer scales included for easy integration with handheld GPS unit
- Grain size card for field use
- Flat bottom for accurate strike and dip measurements at low angles
- Hot stamped base plate for improved durability
- Recycled glass-filled PA lid for increased durability
- Made in the USA in Riverton, WY
DETAILSA geology-specific baseplate compass for students and field geologists who prefer a lightweight option or need an effective backup compass for backcountry work.
- The Geo Lite Transit offers all of the precision of a traditional Brunton Transit, in a smaller and lighter footprint. Based off of the functionality and features set of the Geo Transit, the Geo Lite offers two clinometers. The plumb-style or the hinge option that allows for dip/dip azimuth measurements. The integrated protractor helps the field operators plot data while mapping.
- Made with a traditional clear baseplate, but hot-stamped for added durability, the flat base allows for accurate strike and dip measurements at any angle (even low angles). The lid is crafted from recycled glass-filled PA increasing durability and shelf life.
- Brunton compasses are proudly made in the USA. All transits and the bulk of compasses are designed, developed, and hand-built in our factory in Riverton, WY and are sold across the world via our global headquarters in Louisville CO.
- As true specialists in high quality tools, our aim is to inspire, educate, and support professional pursuits and outdoor exploration.
Geo Lite Instruction Manual