Built with all of the functionality and features of traditional Brunton Transits, the Standard takes traditional strike & dip measurements and excels at low-angle readings with it’s flat bottom and non-slip silicon foot.
- dimensions: 3.1 x 2.8 x 1.3" | 7.9 x 7.1 x 3.4cm
- weight: 6.9oz | 195g
- azimuth: +/- 1/2˚ w/ 1˚ graduations
- internal clinometer: +/- 1/2˚ w/ 1˚ graduations
- percent grade: 5% graduations
- declination adjustment: +/- 180˚
- The precision NdFeB Disk Magnet provides very accurate readings and resists demagnetization over time.
- Induction dampening makes for a quick-settling needle.
- The flat bottom with a non-slip silicon foot allows for low angle strike and dip measurements.
- The sapphire jewel bearing allows for smooth needle movement throughout the life of the instrument.
- The internal components are sealed with an O-ring for improved water and dust resistance. Note that no Brunton Transits are designed for use underwater, but are protected from rain and humidity.
- Use as a standalone unit or paired with a Jacob’s Staff, the mirror has a transparent sight for shooting accurate bearings.
- Short and long sights give the user additional functionality and accuracy when shooting bearings. Designed with durability in mind, the Standard Transit is CNC machined from a nearly indestructible aluminum block while the hard-anodized finish resists scratches that will keep this transit looking brand new for years to come.
- Open your beverage at the end of a long field day with an unobtrusive bottle opener that stays out of the way until needed.
- All transits come with a protective leather case, perfect for carrying your Brunton in the field.
- Made in the USA in Riverton, WY.
DETAILSBuilt with all of the functionality and features of traditional Brunton Transits, the Standard takes traditional strike & dip measurements and excels at low-angle readings with it’s flat bottom and non-slip silicon foot.
We know that your transit is a life-long investment, that is why the internal components are sealed in place with an o-ring. The Standard Transit’s body is CNC machined from a from a nearly indestructible aluminum block while the hard-anodized finish resists bumps, bangs and scratches. Best of all use the built in bottle opener after a long day in the field.
Brunton compasses are proudly made in the USA. All transits and the bulk of compasses are designed, developed, and hand-built in our factory in Riverton, WY and are sold across the world via our global headquarters in Louisville CO.
As true specialists in high quality tools, our aim is to inspire, educate, and support professional pursuits and outdoor exploration.
The new Brunton Standard Transit brings the classic features of a Brunton Transit to a sleeker instrument. It retains a nearly identical mechanical setup to the classic Brunton, but the aluminum housing is much more durable, which is great for field geologists that are in extreme environments. The biggest technical improvement is that the inclinometer lever is now contained within a recessed housing and the ring on the base has been removed, allowing for much easier low-angle measurements. Most folks won’t notice the switch to disk magnets, like those used in the high-end Brunton models, but the nice addition improves the response time of the magnetic needle. The small bottle opener on the side of the housing is also a nice touch and shows that Brunton understands its customers, but also gives the third best excuse to upgrade from your trusty old transit. Overall, this instrument combines the classic design of the Brunton Transit and the durability and flat base of the higher-price transits, in a much sleeker design.
Dr. Matthew McKay
Missouri State University