A universal mapping tool that combines traditional methods with some simultaneous measurement capabilities.
- measurement style: Strike & Dip or Dip & Dip Direction
- dimensions: 3.8" x 2.8" x 1.3" | 9.6 x 7.1 x 3.3cm
- weight: 12.8oz | 363g
- azimuth: +/- 1/2˚ w/ 1˚ graduations
- hinge dial: +/-1/2˚ w/ 2˚ graduations
- internal clinometer: +/-1/2˚ w/ 1˚ graduations
- percent grade: 5% graduations
- declination adjustment: +/-180˚
- The hinge dial allows for simultaneous measurement of dip & dip direction or trend & plunge on certain surfaces and orientations.
- The lid opens to 220° and the hinge dial has indicators of which needle to read for plunge direction.
- The flat bottom allows for easier dip angle and dip azimuth measurements at low angles.
- The mirror enables sighting and measurement of bearings and vertical angles.
- Short and long sights give the user additional functionality and accuracy when shooting bearings.
- Dual long-level bubbles allow the user to level the compass from the sides.
- The needle can be set to lock automatically, allowing for accurate readings.
- The precision NdFeB disc magnet provides very accurate readings and resists demagnetization.
- Our magnetic needle can be balanced for use almost anywhere in the world .
- Induction dampening makes for a quick-settling needle.
- The sapphire jewel bearing allows for smooth needle movement throughout the life of the instrument.
- The needle lock button can lock or free the needle, depending on the model.
- The internal components are sealed with an O-ring for improved water and dust resistance.
- All transits are compatible with our Jacob’s Staff/Tripod ball and socket adaptor.
- Each model is available in either Azimuth (0-360) or Quadrant (0-90) formats.
- Each comes with a protective leather case, perfect for carrying your Brunton in the field.
- Made in the USA in Riverton, WY.
DETAILSA universal mapping tool. The Geo Transit can take measurements of dip angle and dip azimuth at the same time. Great for international data collection!
A flat base allows for easier dip angle and dip azimuth measurements at low angles, while the needle can lock automatically ensuring accurate readings when the face of the instrument is not visible. Feel comfortable when shooting bearings with both short and long sights that give you additional functionality and accuracy.
We know that your transit is a life-long investment, that is why the internal components are sealed in place with an o-ring and the hard-anodized finish resists bumps, bangs and scratches.
Brunton compasses are proudly made in the USA. All transits and the bulk of compasses are designed, developed, hand-built, and sold across the world via our factory and global headquarters in Riverton, Wyoming.
As true specialists in high quality tools, our aim is to inspire, educate, and support professional pursuits and outdoor exploration.