The Geo Pocket Transit Compass, incorporates feedback from professionals to make this the ultimate compass. The solid aluminum, water-resistant Geo Transit contains a fast, magnetic north seeking, rare-earth magnet, balanced on a sapphire jewel bearing for quick measurements. The most noticeable feature is the hinge inclinometer, accurate to +/- 2°. This feature allows simultaneous dip and dip direction measurements, reducing the number of measurements required in the field. An innovative needle design can be locked or unlocked.
- Adjustable needle locking mechanism
- Hinge clinometer with 1° increments for 1/2° readable dip measurements
- Two long-level bubbles on the outside of the aluminum housing for no guess leveling from the sides or the bottom
- Cover hinge assembly designed for increased durability
- Buck Horn style sights for increased accuracy when sighting azimuth or vertical angles
- Single NdFeB magnet resists demagnetization better than any other type of magnet
- Azimuth accuracy +/- 1/2° with 1° graduations
- Vertical angle accuracy +/- 1/2° with 1° graduations and 10 minute vernier
- Vertical angle measurements to +/- 90° or 100% grade
- Percent grade scale with increments of 5%
- Induction dampened needle for quick, accurate readings
- Sapphire jewel bearing allows for smooth needle movement
- Magnetic declination adjustment allows for east or west declination settings to +/- 180°
- Precision aligned mirror with convenient see-through sighting capability
- Aluminum billet body assembly makes the GEO nearly indestructible
- 6061-T6 hard anodized aluminum body for permanent color and scratch resistance
- Ball & socket tripod mount is centered for increased accuracy of rotation
- O-rings make the GEO Waterproof for increased reliability
- Leather case included
- Overall dimensions: 3.8''x2.8''x1.3''
- Weight: 12.8 oz
- Made in the USA
Brunton is committed to making the most reliable and accurate navigation instruments on the planet. As durable precision instruments that undergo constant and often rigorous use in the field, in order to maintain their accuracy and integrity, they simply need to be fixed up from time to time; just as you would tune your car or bike. Brunton offers full repair and refurbishment facilities for most models. We appreciate your kind understanding.
*Transit in the image does not reflect the Quadrant option of compass.