A compact and sturdy sighting compass that allows accurate simultaneous forward and reciprocal bearings even in low light conditions.
- dimensions: 2.5 x 3.5 x 0.5" | 76.3 x 8.8 x 1.3cm
- weight: 11.8oz | 335.6g
- resolution: 1˚
- range: 180˚
- Offers precision readings with 1/2° accuracy and 1° resolution markings.
- Allows for 5 different scales:
- Scale 1: Azimuth 0-360°, Reversible/Reciprocal 0-360°
- Scale 2: Reversible/Reciprocal Azimuth 0-360°
- Scale 3: Quadrant 0-90°
- Scale 4: MILS
- Scale 5: Ordinal Direction Reference
- Dual readings on the front dial face: in Azimuth or Quadrant, with a 5° resolution.
- The precision NdFeB Disk Magnet provides very accurate readings and resists demagnetization over time.
- Offers up to 10x magnification with an adjustable lens.
- Designed with durability in mind, with a CNC machined anodized aluminum housing and shock absorbing silicone cover.
- Use as a stand alone unit or thread onto a Jacob’s Staff or non-magnetic tripod to shoot accurate bearings.
- Comes with a protective leather case, perfect for carrying in the field.
- Made in the USA in Riverton, WY.
DETAILSA quick and easy way to ensure precise horizontal bearings during forestry work. Simply spot the two objects you need the azimuth reading between in the comfortable site, jot it down, and then simply move onto your next measurement.
The Omnisight spot-through compass offers the convenience of multiple precision instruments in one hand-held unit thanks to both forward and reciprocal bearings, 360° azimuth, plus 90° quadrants and 6400 point MILS.
A durable and steadfast CNC machined aluminum housing ensures ruggedness and reliability, while a silicon cover makes it comfortable to hold and carry. An internal neodymium magnet guarantees accuracy and resists magnetic interference.
Available in a LED option, for a light piping illuminated readout that gives a clear bright reading even in low light.
Brunton compasses are proudly made in the USA. All transits and the bulk of compasses are designed, developed, and hand-built in our factory in Riverton, WY and are sold across the world via our global headquarters in Louisville CO.
As true specialists in high quality tools, our aim is to inspire, educate, and support professional pursuits and outdoor exploration.