If you are looking to save weight when in the backcountry, the ultralight Compro Transit is your mapping solution. Made with all of the same internal components as the Standard Transit, the Compro is over an ounce to 6 ounces lighter than any other Brunton Transit.
- dimensions: 3.9" x 2.8" x 1.2" | 10 x 7 x 3c
- weight: 5.7oz | 162g
- azimuth: +/- 1/2˚ w/ 1˚ graduations
- internal clinometer: +/-1/2˚ w/ 1˚ graduations
- percent grade: 5% graduations
- declination adjustment: +/- 180˚
- The precision NdFeB Disk Magnet provides very accurate readings and resists demagnetization over time.
- Induction dampening makes for a quick-settling needle.
- The sapphire jewel bearing allows for smooth needle movement throughout the life of the instrument.
- The internal components are sealed with an O-ring for improved water and dust resistance. Note that no Brunton Transits are designed for use underwater, but are protected from rain and humidity.
- Use as a standalone unit or paired with a Jacob’s Staff, the mirror has a transparent sight for shooting accurate bearings.
- Short and long sights give the user additional functionality and accuracy when shooting bearings.
- The composite body on the ComPro is ultralight and tough–this transit even floats.
- All transits come with a protective leather case, perfect for carrying your Brunton in the field.
- Made in the USA in Riverton, WY.
DETAILSIf you are looking to save weight when in the backcountry, the ultralight Compro Transit is your mapping solution. Made with all of the same internal components, the Compro is over an ounce to 6 ounces lighter than any other Brunton Transit.
We know that your transit is a life-long investment, that is why the internal components are sealed in place with an o-ring. The Compro saves weight and is made with a lightweight composite body-it even floats, although Brunton Transits are not designed for underwater use.
Brunton compasses are proudly made in the USA. All transits and the bulk of compasses are designed, developed, and hand-built in our factory in Riverton, WY and are sold across the world via our global headquarters in Louisville CO.
As true specialists in high quality tools, our aim is to inspire, educate, and support professional pursuits and outdoor exploration.