This geology-specific mirrored baseplate compass is ideal for students and field geologists in need of a lightweight compass with transit features and functionality.
- dimensions: 4” x 2.5” x 0.6” | 10.16 x 6.3 x 1.5cm
- weight: 3.2oz | 68g
- azimuth: +/- 1˚ w/ 2˚ graduations
- hinge clinometer: +/-2.5˚ w/ 5˚ graduations
- internal clinometer: +/-2.5˚ w/ 5˚ graduations
- declination adjustment: +/-180˚
- Transit-style direct read azimuth system
- Slender needle for a more accurate read
- Fixed plumb-style clinometer–unaffected by declination adjustment
- Hinge clinometer enables dip/dip azimuth measurements
- Integrated protractor for plotting data on a field map
- Bubble level for accurate strike measurement
- 2˚ Resolution for azimuthal readings (strike, dip azimuth, directional bearings)
- 5˚ resolution for clinometer readings
- Brunton EverNorth Magnet resists demagnetization over time
- Map Magnifier
- Sighting Mirror for accurate bearings
- Tool-free declination adjustment
- Romer scales included for easy integration with handheld GPS unit
- Flat bottom for accurate strike and dip measurements at low angles
- Hot stamped base plate for improved durability
- Recycled glass-filled PA lid for increased durability
- Made in the USA in Riverton, WY
DETAILSA geology-specific baseplate compass for students and field geologists who prefer a lightweight option or need an effective backup compass for backcountry work.
The Geo Lite Transit offers all of the precision of a traditional Brunton Transit, in a smaller and lighter footprint. Based off of the functionality and features set of the Geo Transit, the Geo Lite offers two clinometers. The plumb-style or the hinge option that allows for dip/dip azimuth measurements. The integrated protractor helps the field operators plot data while mapping.
Made with a traditional clear baseplate, but hot-stamped for added durability, the flat base allows for accurate strike and dip measurements at any angle (even low angles). The lid is crafted from recycled glass-filled PA increasing durability and shelf life.
Brunton compasses are proudly made in the USA. All transits and the bulk of compasses are designed, developed, and hand-built in our factory in Riverton, WY and are sold across the world via our global headquarters in Louisville CO.
As true specialists in high quality tools, our aim is to inspire, educate, and support professional pursuits and outdoor exploration.
Geo Lite Instruction Manual