The traditional Brunton transit, new & improved! Built with all of the functionality and features of traditional Brunton pocket transits, the Standard Transit features a hard-anodized aluminum body and a flat base with a non-slip silicone insert. The Standard Transit is also available in silver or blue. Leather case is included.
Needle Balancing: If your main region of transit use will not be in the United States, your needle will need a special balance. Please visit the Needle Balancing Page to identify your main zone, and select it below.
• New orange anodized body to increase visibility in the field.
• Newly designed body is CNC-milled and hard-anodized for simplicity and durability.
• Comes with a protective leather case, perfect for carrying your Brunton in the field.
• The flat bottom with a non-slip silicon foot allows for low angle strike and dip measurements.
• Unobtrusive bottle opener that stays out of the way until needed.
• The mirror enables sighting and measurement of bearings and vertical angles.
• Short and long sights give the user additional functionality and accuracy when shooting bearings.
• The precision NdFeB disc magnet provides very accurate readings and resists demagnetization.
• Our magnetic needle can be balanced for use almost anywhere in the world.
• Induction dampening makes for a quick-settling needle.
• The sapphire jewel bearing allows for smooth needle movement throughout the life of the instrument.
• The needle lock button can lock or free the needle, depending on the model.
• The internal components are sealed with an O-ring for improved water and dust resistance.
• All transits are compatible with our Jacob’s Staff/Tripod ball and socket adaptor.
• Each model is available in either Azimuth (0-360) or Quadrant (0-90) formats.
• Made in the USA in Riverton, Wyoming
• MEASUREMENT STYLE: Strike & Dip
• DIMENSIONS: 3.1 x 2.8 x 1.3 in | 7.9 x 7.1 x 3.4 cm
• WEIGHT: 6.9 oz | 195 g
• AZIMUTH: 1˚ graduations w/ ± 0.5˚ accuracy
• INTERNAL CLINOMETER: 1˚ graduations w/ ± 0.5˚ accuracy
• PERCENT GRADE: 5% graduations
• DECLINATION ADJUSTMENT: ± 180˚
The new Brunton Standard Transit brings the classic features of a Brunton Transit to a sleeker instrument. It retains a nearly identical mechanical setup to the classic Brunton, but the aluminum housing is much more durable, which is great for field geologists that are in extreme environments. The biggest technical improvement is that the inclinometer lever is now contained within a recessed housing and the ring on the base has been removed, allowing for much easier low-angle measurements. Most folks won’t notice the switch to disk magnets, like those used in the high-end Brunton models, but the nice addition improves the response time of the magnetic needle. The small bottle opener on the side of the housing is also a nice touch and shows that Brunton understands its customers, but also gives the third best excuse to upgrade from your trusty old transit. Overall, this instrument combines the classic design of the Brunton Transit and the durability and flat base of the higher-price transits, in a much sleeker design.
Dr. Matthew McKay
Missouri State University
PROUDLY BUILT IN WYOMING
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.